Sunday, September 09, 2007

I'm really aggravated with my child right now.

I don't understand him - he's fine 5 days a week when I drop him off at day care, but for the past 2 Sundays, he has had panic attacks when we leave him in the toddler room at church.

Last week Jason just pulled him out immediately & brought him to the over flow room where we were sitting. That is, until Solomon got restless - then Jason took him out to the foyer to run around so he missed the entire message. Today I went to church by myself since Jason's sick; I literally had just sat down in my chair the first time they paged me back. I went to the toddler room & just hung out & played for a while until he seemed to be distracted enough with the toys. I managed to sneak out without him seeing, thinking that he'd forget about me. Not so much. Again I had literally just sat down in my chair & they paged me a second time. Why can't they just let him cry it out?? Eventually he'll tire & stop. I appreciate the people who tolerated me crawling over them 3 times - such grace & patience! At that point I decided to just come home. I did take a quick walk through the over flow section, but that was packed too. Gotta love the fall when all the college students return.

I hope the unpleasant phase comes to an end soon...

No comments: