Monday, March 31, 2008

In Over My Head
I signed up for an online class at Vanguard University to complete the 12 Early Childhood Education (ECE) units required to teach preschool in CA (I only had half when we moved from MD).  It's 5 weeks & very demanding - I'm definitely in over my head.  I've been experiencing a lot of anxiety over this class because it's been years since I've had to write papers & such.  I'm dreading the next 5 weeks.

For "class discussions" we have to post responses to questions from the instructor & comment/build off of other students' postings.  Well, tonight I spent about 3 hours working on my stupid post & upon completion, I hit "preview."  The effing thing kicked me out & I hadn't saved a draft.  I have to start all over from scratch.  I'm pissed not only because my work is gone forever, but also because I spent THREE HOURS working on a simple post!  "Class discussions" should not be so demanding!  I stared crying, nay, SOBBING, & my oh-so empathetic husband says, "Amanda, calm down.  There's nothing you can do about it now.  I've told you before to do your work in Word & save often.  I've done that before & you just have to redo it."  Not exactly what I need to hear when I'm in the middle of a serious emotion/mental meltdown.

3 comments:

Dani said...

Man, that sounds stressful! You can do it though, you're a very smart woman and I think it will all come back to you. It may be a little harder now because you suffer from mommy brain and in my experience pregnancy was never good for the brain either, but I still have confidence that you can do this!! I'm sorry you lost your post, that really really sucks!! How did the interview go?

Maria said...

Good luck! You should kick J...in the face.

Chad said...

if you do decided the face kick is the way to go at least do it barefoot... and maybe get a pedicure beforehand?