Monday, November 16, 2009

Priscilla

I had 2 best friends in high school. Jackie, who I affectionately call "mi negra," is still one of my BFF's to this day. Priscilla, who we called "Silla" (sometimes we'd call her "chair" too --we were in Spanish together -- "silla" is chair in Spanish), left this earth 10 years ago today.

At first I decided against blogging in her memory..... it was so long ago. But Priscilla had such a huge impact on my life. I don't know that I would've gone back to church if it weren't for her. God used her to lead me into my own relationship with Him. During this time of my life is when God became real to me. So, yeah. Priscilla really left a mark on me.

Thank you, God, for the 3 short years of friendship I got to share with Priscilla. I will continue to cherish what few memories I have of her & look forward to seeing her again when I come Home.

No comments: