Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Civil Duties & Chef Solomon

I was summoned for jury duty for which I reported to the court house today. The day consisted of sitting in the same blue chair (at least it was cushioned) & in between the same two people the entire time. Finally, at about 2:30 they called a list of people & said they had to report for trial. The rest of us were dismissed a half hour later. This was quite possibly one of the most boring, wasted days of my life, but at least it got me out of the house for the day.

When I was cooking dinner tonight, Solomon started playing with the knobs on the stove. He tries to turn them often, but hasn't been able to figure out that he has to push them in then turn them. That is, until tonight. I kept pushing his hands away & telling him "no, that's hot," but anyone who knows anything about toddlers knows they are the most determined of creatures. The mac 'n cheese turned out okay, but when I went to pull the main course out of the oven, I discovered that Solomon had cranked it all the way up to above 500, almost to broil. The sad beef patties were nice & crunchy on the bottom & had shrunk to a quarter of their normal size. At least the potatoes, carrots, & onions turned out perfect. Guess this means we have to childproof our stove now.

1 comment:

Chad said...

ha, yeah we've had to childproof our stove too. They sell these clear plastic "spacers" for lack of a better term that make it really hard to press the knobs in enough to turn them. Maria has difficulty at times with them.

Highly recommend.