Monday, May 19, 2008

What Happens in Vegas

I had an awesome week in Vegas!  Saturday we went out on my uncle's boat on the lake; the water was too cold to actually get in but we did get to see some mountain sheep come down to drink the water when we stopped for lunch on a beach.  We didn't do much for Mother's Day.  Jason took me to the restaurant at Texas Station I wanted to go to & just as we were finishing up my uncle walked in, sat at our table, & took our bill (he uses his comp points to treat everyone to meals all the time).  On Monday my cousin, Jarrod, & I went to see Stomp Out Loud (sorry, the video quality is crappy as someone obviously recorded it with a hand-held or something, which they weren't supposed to do) - definitely one of the most entertaining shows I've ever been to.  I've seen it on t.v. before, but it's a completely different experience in person.  I wish I was a badass percussionist like that.

As for the gambling, Jason, I believe, broke even (that's considered a very good thing when you leave Vegas as it is a rarity).  I was down about $60 for the week & then my dad & I played some slot machines & roulette on Thursday.  I won about $90 playing slots then lost $20 because I couldn't stop playing.  Tables intimidate me so I just watched my dad play roulette for a while before I decided to join in.  I started with $50 & by the time I walked away I had nearly tripled my money.  The two times I played my & Jason's anniversary, 25, it hit both times!  The second time it hit, I hit the actual number, that column, red, & odd all at the same time.  My dad made me buy dinner that night.

It was a good week in Vegas.

No comments: