Friday, June 01, 2007

Our 3 year anniversary is just a few weeks away. I told Jason I really want to go diving. I haven't been diving in 2 years! I suggested we go to Catalina Island since beach diving sucks (unless, of course, you're on some tropical island). The last time I went diving was at Grand Cayman Island. It was the best place I'd ever been diving. The water was so warm, I just wore a rash guard. You could see about 80 to 100 feet away. Perfectly blue water. We saw a wide variety of colorful tropical fish, barracudas, lobsters, sting rays, eels. Breathtaking. Diving gives me this complete euphoric feeling like nothing else does. I feel so special, like I'm a part of a club or something. I know that sounds ridiculous until you understand the context of that statement. Not many people get to enjoy this part of God's creation. I get to see & be immersed in a place most people can only experience through pictures in books. If you ever have a chance to go SCUBA diving, do it.

Alas, we do not have the time or the money to go to a place such as the Caymans this year. I will have to dive in cold, murky water, in a thick 7mm full body suit. I will probably only see Garibaldis (Cali's state fish), an underwater field of sea cucumbers, & a plethora of other fish I can't identify. Maybe if I'm lucky I will spot a sea lion or two. (We had the pleasure of diving with a handful of sea lions in Monterrey Bay for our first anniversary.) I should probably just be grateful to have an opportunity to dive at all. I can't wait to get back in the water! I will tell you all about it after the trip!

No comments: