Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A few of random thoughts....

1) We can't go diving this weekend:( I'm SO bummed! I have a bit of a cold this week & you can't dive if you're congested (you can't equalize when you're congested so it's very dangerous). We will reschedule for some time in July; I'll keep you posted.

2) I officially stopped pumping today. I plan to continue nursing in the mornings & evenings, but he can stick with formula over the next couple of months. I just can't pump enough during the day & I hate pumping anyway (I do love nursing though). He's about 10 1/2 months, that's a good run, so I'm okay with this decision. Besides, we're transitioning to table foods now so he'll probably become disinterested in breastmilk & formula soon anyway. Unfortunately, he's a late teether so the transition is taking a while.

3) Today two things happened to me at work. One reminds me what I hate about my job & the other why I love it. At about 10:15 this morning I had the unpleasant task of advising a car dealer (one of our customers) that he sent me the wrong backup for some invoices he shortpaid. He's a big jerk-face & said, "Look, you're bugging the hell out of me about this." I said, "I know, but I have to get this resolv -" & then he hung up on me. It was an upsetting conversation, but now I feel less bad for making the balances collectible since he's a complete ass. I sound like a 12 year old on the phone. Far from threatening. What the heck did I do to elicit such a response? I'm trying to help him out & was even prepared to credit balances he deserves to pay for. Well, now he's the Collector's problem. Sucks for him. The second event happened minutes later in my quarterly meeting with my boss. It went fantastic! She said she was very proud of me & I'm doing a great job. It's nice getting pats on the back. This is my first meeting since my promotion in April, so this is about the best news I can get at work. My goal is to get another promotion this time next year. More money equals more babies. I really do love my job, though.

That's it for now.

No comments: