Friday, August 15, 2008

Just Feel Like Complaining...

I'm just in a whiny sort of mood right now.

For starters, I'm a little annoyed with my husband as he didn't come to bed until after 5am. Two friends came down so they could role play, which I said was fine. But 5am? Seriously? Not only was it a weeknight but the game immediately followed his hour & a half long jujitsu class. Tomorrow night he's going up to his friends' house (which is nearly an hour away) to role play again. I don't particularly like it, but it's the only outlet he really has that allows him to escape work & family responsibilities/demands, so I just deal. I'm especially accepting of his gaming right now because I know that when we move he won't have anyone to play with anymore, so I feel a little bad for him.

The other thing I'm irked about at the moment is friends. This is going to sound really petty & selfish, but I feel like I'm always going to everyone else's parties & events but some of those people don't do the same for me (the whole whopping one party I planned this year -- Solomon's birthday party). Since I've been jobless for nearly 7 months, Jason & I don't really have the money to spend on going out to dinner for birthdays or buying presents for people. I hate feeling this way, but it comes with the territory of being broke. I have a bridal shower tomorrow & the wedding is next month. Proper wedding ettiquette requires that you purchase a gift for both the shower & the wedding. I'm now wondering if this is going to force me to decide between my friend's wedding gift or my phone bill next month.

No comments: