Thursday, August 21, 2008

Poor Bedside Manners

I really like my OB/GYN but she often makes my appointments feel rushed. She's usually inching toward the door while I'm still asking questions. She also causes me a LOT of pain when she checks my cervix. I remember it hurting so bad she had to stop when I was pregnant with Solomon. When she checked me 2 weeks ago it took all I had in me to not kick her in the face. I thought that I was just super sensitive or something... until today. I saw a nurse practitioner today instead of my regular doctor & I warned her in advance that I don't handle it well when my cervix is checked.... and.... it didn't hurt. Not a bit. Now I know it's just my doctor & there's nothing wrong with me. I'm not looking forward to next Wednesday though when I'm sure it'll be my doctor checking me again.

No comments: