Monday, August 18, 2008

More Random Thoughts

Today while I was eating lunch, just after Solomon went down for his nap, there was a knock on the door. It was a couple who explained they were moving into Verano this school year & wanted to see the layout, if I didn't mind. I felt a little weird letting these people in my house -- toys strewn about, litter pans exposed (Jason read that litter pans with lids actually make the odor worse & wanted to try leaving them off. Not a pretty site.). Not to mention I don't know them.

* * * * *

My brother sort of hurt my feelings the other day when I called to wish him a happy birthday. I had left a message telling him happy birthday & not to worry about calling me back if he was busy. Just wanted him to know I was thinking of him. He returned my call later that afternoon & thanked me for calling then asked about the pregnancy. When I started to answer his question someone beeped in so he cut me off & said he had to go. I have a few questions regarding his decision to abruptly end our conversation: 1) Why couldn't he either ignore it & call back when we got off the phone or maybe click over & explain to the person that he was on the other line & he'd call right back? 2) We only talk once every two or three months, would it have killed him to talk to me for a few minutes? 3) Did he even really care about how the pregnancy was going or was he just being polite? Now I'm not saying that I am the #1 person in his life, nor should I be, but as his sister I feel he could've given me a little more of his time. He doesn't even try to make time for me when I'm home visiting. We used to be very close but now I hardly know him. That makes me sad.

* * * * *

Solomon has recently decided that it's fun to crawl under the fitted sheet of his mattress. He then gets stuck & can't figure out how to get out so he screams as though he were dying. I have to dash upstairs & rescue him; my heartrate shoots through the roof & I can't breath. This newly found game annoys me.

* * * * *

Unreasonable or not (who am I kidding? Of course I'm being unreasonable), I feel that at this point in my pregnancy Jason should be doing EVERYTHING. He should cook, do the dishes, do the laundry, care for Solomon 98% of the time, etc. -- be my Cinderella -- until this baby is born. I should get to sleep all day.

* * * * *

So we've settled on a name for the new baby, for real this time. I started telling people it would be Naomi but it will actually be Charlotte. Jason feels very strongly that it should be Charlotte & I was too indecisive as I like both names equally (though leaning more toward Naomi since it's biblical). I'm happy with the decision, it's a lovely name. The middle name has yet to be determined as there are some disagreements on that, but I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Dani said...

I always get a laugh out of you Solomon stories, I'm sure you will too someday...our brother is a jerkface sometimes. I don't know him anymore either.