Monday, August 04, 2008

Nest Much?

I think I officially started nesting on Friday -- I got down on my hands & knees & hand-scrubbed our kitchen floor. I've been having strong urges to do stuff around the house all weekend (though due to other interferences, wasn't able to). Last night I had an anxiety attack because my mind started reeling with all of the things that need to be done before the baby is born & I kept Jason awake for an extra half hour talking about it:
  • Steam clean the carpets
  • Organize all the closets
  • Scrub the fridge & cabinets (which I will tackle today)
  • Dry clean the futon cover
  • Scrub the bathroom from ceiling to floor
  • Wash the few baby outfits we already have so that I can pack our hospital bag
  • Pack our hospital bag
  • Pack Solomon's bag for Uncle Jon & Aunt Molly's
  • Take a few family photos while I'm still pregnant (per a family member's requests)
I'm sure there are other things I could add to my list but this is all I can think of at the moment.

I'm also panicking about this upcoming weekend. We're taking Solomon to Sea World on Friday for his birthday & I'm concerned about all of the walking I'll be doing. My OB/GYN said it's OK as long as I'm comfortable with it. I don't think it'll cause me to go into early labor (how crappy would that be for her to not only come too early but be born on Solomon's birthday??) but I know that I'm going to be in a lot of pain the following days, just as I was after we went to the OC Fair. Then Sunday is Solomon's birthday party. Really it's a party for us -- there won't be any other children there & Solomon won't really care about what's going on. He's just going to want to play with the 2 dogs in the house & eat his Nemo cake.

Sigh!! So much to do, so little time.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Hey I now I missed Solomon's Birthday:( I felt like crap all weekend--his present will be in the mail by the end of the week.