Thursday, August 09, 2007

Hallowed Be Your Name

This message was very convicting & sobering for me (if you want to listen to it, it's a little over 30 minutes long, so get comfortable). Too many times have I profaned the name of God. Every follower of Christ - scratch that - everyone should take this to heart. I do not hesitate to carelessly throw His Name around. If I physically hurt myself, it's His Name I cry out. But not in a prayerful way; more like a cursing way. When I'm driving it is by far the worst. I "damn" people in God's name when I'm behind the wheel. Our Father has every reason to damn me. I am not deserving of His Grace & Forgiveness He so freely gives. The Name that saved me is the Name I pervert. I am so disgusted with myself & feel so ashamed. Why should others, who don't know Him, revere Him when I, His own child, do not?

Thank God He has already covered these terrible sins I have committed & am bound to commit again.

God, I am terribly sorry for abusing & misusing Your Holy Name. I pray that You will fill me with the Forgiveness You give to me, so that I am more inclined to do the same for others (especially when I'm driving). I want to glorify Your Name, not just by my words, but my actions as well. Please forgive my poor reflection of You & my lack of consideration for you Holy Name.

No comments: