Thursday, October 09, 2008

Hermit Living

Jason & I went on a date to the movies last night (Ghost Town -- great movie!) & I was surprised to see that the menu boards at the concession stand were digital tv screens. Jason said, "Man, you really haven't been to the movies in a while! It's been like this for at least a year!" In addition to that, they apparently let you take in outside foods & beverages; we walked right in with Starbucks in hand! I insisted the coffee was a bad idea but he said he does it all the time.

Yep. I haven't been to a movie in a theater in nearly a year & a half. Because I'm the one who stays home with Solomon while Jason goes with his friends. Even if I did have an opportunity to go to the movies with my friends, I wouldn't because, I'm the one who gets up at the asscrack of dawn with the children. (Sorry if the slight bit of resentment is detectable -- it's kinda hard to hide.)

At least my first venture to a movie theater in a year & a half was worth while -- I would've been really upset if I had wasted the chance on an awful movie.

1 comment:

Maria said...

What up Mama, last movie I saw in the theaters was Mama Mia but before that I hadn't been since we went to see Knocked Up. Seriously--I'm that sad.

By the way, I miss you.