Wednesday, October 22, 2008

LORD Beer Me Strength (if you don't get the reference, I am sorry for you)

Jason left for Maryland this morning for a couple of post doc interviews & I will be with the kids by myself for the next week. I'm a little nervous about that. Today wasn't so bad. Solomon was good all day until later in the afternoon; I sat down to nurse Charlotte & he started jumping on the couch right next to us. He isn't allowed to do that of course, but I was clearly in no position to really stop him. And he knew it. Despite my efforts to hold him back with one arm, he managed to bonk Charlotte on her head. Twice. After the second time she was nearly inconsolable so I sought refuge in my bedroom behind a locked door. I knew Solomon would be so upset that I was in there with her & assumed he would whine & throw a tantrum at my door until I came out. He did as I expected.... for about 2 minutes. Then it got really quiet. Any mother knows that quiet is not a good sign. When I came out of my room he was sitting at the bottom of the stairs, throwing cat food. He dumped their water dispenser all over the floor & what was left in the bowl was full of soggy food. He also took 3 of my nativity figurines & tossed them into one of the litter pans. Argh!! I tossed him in the bathtub & scrubbed him down, put him in a clean diaper & put him in his room with the gate up so I could clean up his mess. While I was preparing to clean, Lucy ate some of the soggy food from the water & proceeded to immediately barf it all back up all over the stairs. Awesome. Once I got everything back in order (more than a half hour later!) I went to get Solomon & found that he had taken off his diaper & threw it over the gate. Fortunately he hadn't pooped or peed anywhere. Thank the LORD! I was in no mood to clean another mess!

In other today news: Remember that beautiful mug I made from a couple of posts ago? Well the first time I used it I noticed the coffee was staining the inside. A spot was missed during the glazing process & the ceramic was absorbing the coffee like a sponge. I took it back up there yesterday so they could reglaze it & it was finished today so I returned to pick it up again. I should've checked it before I left the store, but the kids were in the car & I didn't feel comfortable leaving them in there so I was in a hurry to get out. (Solomon loves to play with the breakables when we're in there, hence they were left in the car.) When I got home I checked it & the missed spot was STILL unglazed!! Now I have to take it back AGAIN tomorrow! I'm sure it's no one's fault in particular, but it's frustrating nonetheless. I've been looking forward to this mug since before Charlie was born! I can't wait until it's finished!!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Boo for crappy stuff. I vot ethat you come home and let me have Charlie for the day!

unclechopchop said...

You whine alot. I am glad to see that you're still the same old Amanda. Boo. Hoo. I still love you though!