Thursday, October 02, 2008

A Run-in With Procyon Lotor

Last night I was walking out of the laundry room, which is just yards away from our back door, when I saw a gray animal walking along our porch. I noticed I had left the screen door open a bit & continued walking, assuming it was Gabe, our cat. It only took a few seconds before I realized it was a raccoon & I froze & yelled Jason's name. He saw the raccoon & also thought it was Gabe & nearly went to pick it up! There was a second raccoon as well (a third joined them soon after) & the two of them headed in my direction, glaring at me. I ran back into the laundry room & watched them out the window until they left. Never having seen raccoons in real life before, I was a bit scared....

1 comment:

erinhaha said...

Yikes, be carfeul!
Raccoons can be nasty. Keep an eye on your cats (if they are outdoor), I've heard of raccoons attacking cats and people.
Miss you!